I had the best day yesterday on Anna Maria Island! I got to see about 10-12 of my friends from high school and it had been awhile since I have seen some of them. We all decided to meet at the AMOB Pier at the end on Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach. What a perfect place to meet.
All of us got there around 5:00 PM and to our surprise, they had the BEST happy hour deals!!! $4.00 call liquors, .50 off beer and wines, and buy one appetizer and get one half off! Let me tell you, we all took full advantage of all of these deals. I had a frozen wine – yes, I said frozen wine. It was a Kim Crawford blend with a grapefruit/jalepeno vodka. Does it get much better than that!? We all ordered different appetizers so that we could share and sample a bunch of them. My favorite was the smoked fish dip and the calamari!!
I would highly suggest trying the AMOB Pier on Bridge Street anytime. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner! And I still have not even mentioned the view – you can sit inside or enjoy the covered outdoor sitting area right on the bay! We had to sit inside because you know those Florida summer rains – it started to pour! Check out the website for AMOB Pier! http://www.oysterbar.net
Cheers and let me know when you get a chance to try out this great spot to gather on Anna Maria Island!
The long Memorial Day weekend is always so much fun on Anna Maria Island. If you are not enjoying the beach for the day, you are more than likely on a boat at one of 3 places – Jewfish Key, Eggmont Key or Bird Key. All three of these places are super popular to go by boat and let me tell you, it felt like every boat owner was out over the weekend! I was lucky enough to go boating both Saturday and Sunday over the holiday weekend. Everyone brought a snack to share and what they wanted to drink. You literally can stand in the water and enjoy eating, drinking and hanging out with friends. You always see other people you know while on one of these keys! It really seems like the place to be not only over a holiday weekend but any weekend during the summer months! If you are not a boat owner, Anna Maria Island has plenty of marinas that offer boat rentals. We used Bradenton Beach Marina for our rental on Sunday and it was perfect! We picked up the boat at 12:30 and had it until 4:30. Just the right amount of time on the water! Plenty of seats, cup holders, covered seating, and storage! What more could you ask for. Here is a photo from Jewfish over Memorial Day Weekend! Hope to see you out there next time you are on the water! Sunny Regards, Ginger
I know it’s customary to come to the beach to bask in the sun and sand. We love those days too! Here at Duncan Real Estate on Anna Maria Island one of our office’s favorite things to do is, you guessed it. FISHING! If you have a love of fishing the way we do, you know it’s never too cold or too hot to cast a line into the beautiful Gulf of Mexico or any of our surrounding Bay Areas. Anna Maria Island is home to some of the finest fishing captains. Here are some of Duncan Real Estate on Anna Maria Island favorite fishing Captain’s.
Captain Mark Howard http://www.sumotimefishing.com/
For a family friendly fishing experience Captain Mark Howard offers fishing charters on the Manatee River, Tampa Bay, Longboat Key, Sarasota Bay and The Gulf of Mexico. His 23 foot Hydrasport 230 Baybolt with a Yamaha 250HP motor and a custom tower will provide your crew with a comfortable fishing experience that you are sure to remember. Whether you are looking for a full or half day adventure he will provide license, gear and live bait. Obviously the season will determine what your group will be fishing for but you may have the opprotunity to catch snook, trout, redfish, cobia, tarpon, kingfish, spanish mackrel, and maybe even sharks!
Captain Mac Gregory http://www.annamariafishingcaptain.com/
Captain Mac Gregory guides out of Anna Maria Island, Florida. Captain Mac specializes in fishing for tarpon, snook, redfish, grouper, snapper, cobia, permit, and sharks. He has been featured on Stihl’s Reel in the Outdoors with Joe Thomas numerous times highlighting his tremendous fishing skills.
We hope this helps you enjoy you stay! Here fishy, fishy, fishy!
RAINY DAY ACTIVITIES ON ANNA MARIA ISLAND
I know it is a disappointment when you travel to the beach and your day gets rained out. Never fear, there is plenty to do to keep busy and explore the beautiful Anna Maria Island! Here is a list to name a few:
- Wander through our fascinating history at the AMI Historical Society on Pine Avenue, hours vary, typically 10-1 daily except Sunday.
- Shop till you drop for area souvenirs at many of our island shops.
- Visit Florida Maritime Museum in Cortez on 119th St.
- While away a gray afternoon with a book from our public libraries in Holmes Beach & Bradenton Beach.
- Shop the Ellenton Outlet Mall at the Intersection of 301 and I-75.
- Visit the Red Barn Flea Market located at Hwy 301 in Bradenton
- Take in a performance in our local Island Players Playhouse at NE corner of Pine and Gulf Dr.
- Ride the free Trolley for island exploring.
- Check out our art galleries and visit artsy shops.
- Visit The Ringling Museum in Sarasota.
- Take a step back in time at the AMI jail on Pine Ave.
- Visit Mote Marine Museum (N. LBK) to learn about local marine/fish life in S. Longboat Key.
- Visit the car museum in Sarasota.
- Take a trip to local ice cream shops. (See our shopping activity list).
- Mail some Anna Maria Island post cards to friends, and make them wish they were here.
- Check your email with free wireless at AMI Chamber of Commerce.
- Search around for your retirement home with a local Realtor.
- Visit South Florida Museum, see the Manatees!
- Visit the Chamber of Commerce to gather more information about the island.
- Visit some local fish markets for local FRESH fish!
- Take a day trip to St. Armand’s for unique shopping and romantic lunch/dinner opportunities.
- Max out your credit cards shopping at our unique shops on Pine St. and perhaps early Christmas ideas.
- Treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure at one of our island pamper shops.
- Visit Mixon’s Fruit Farm. Take a tour of their facility in NE Bradenton.
- Many restaurant/bar Happy Hours on the island! See our Happy Hour List on our website!
- Walk the beach in the rain, great way to have the beach to yourself!!
BEAN POINT EXPERIENCE
If visiting Anna Maria then a visit to the beautiful Bean Point with beautiful white sands and turquoise seas is a must. It is located at the North end of city of Anna Maria on North Shore Dr. There are several public walking ‘narrow’ paths between the homes to access the point. Parking is limited and monitored on Gladiolus and Fern St. You will need to make sure that all four wheels are off the road and that your car is pointing in the direction of traffic to avoid traffic violations. Just follow the beach access points which are plentiful and enjoy! The tides can be a very dangerous and strong for swimming at times, so beware. Sharks and tide both can be life threatening in this area. Beautiful, but one should be aware of strong tide and water currents and a good swimmer.
All earth’s natural beauty is the statement here! One can also reach the Rod and Reel Pier by walking around Bean Point to the North.